Schneider Electric Technical Sales Consultant in New Zealand
Who are we?
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
What do we stand for?
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company focused on its people. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
What is the role?
Based in Auckland, we are now actively recruiting a Technical Sales Consultant. The primary function is to provide specialist software pre-sales support to the national sales force in order to meet the high growth goals of the business. This role is also responsible for the creation of value and differentiation to customers by providing software solutions, systems and architecture pre-sales expertise to both end users, EPCs, consultants and also Schneider Electric Alliance and Wonderware partners where relevant (pre-project consultation, feasibility study, audit). In addition, the role will engage with the Projects & Services teams to ensure the success of software projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the sales team through promoting, demonstrating and designing software solutions, including engineering services, based on the Wonderware offer (primarily Wonderware InTouch, Historian, System Platform and the identified WonderWare advanced offers) including architecture and integration into existing solutions.
- Articulate to customers the business benefit of proposed solution
- Assist customers in the evaluation and definition of the architecture (including licensing) given their requirements and constraints
- Explain the technical advantages of the proposed systems, architecture and products
You are someone who gets excited by innovation. You are a highly driven and confident professional who wants to work for a values based organisation whose solutions are leading edge. You are focused, collaborative and passionate about the work that you do. In addition, you possess the following relevant skills:
- Engineering Degree/ Diploma
- Related industry experience in control system engineering and operations management (SCADA, Historian, Reporting Systems, MES and SQL experience preferable) together with end user engagement. Related sales experience is desirable.
- Solid commercial attitude which allows the SAS to propose an architecture/system optimally to meet the customer’s business needs and to communicate the differentiating elements in a simple and convincing way.
- Technical engineering / application design or validation background with a detailed understanding of Schneider Electric and Wonderware based software solutions.
- Ability to build long term, customer focused relationships
- Ability to travel to customer locations as required for demonstration and meeting purposes (est 30% travel)
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Primary Location: NZ-Auckland
Unposting Date: May 3, 2018, 9:59:00 PM
Req ID: 0049H4