Hilton Purchasing Manager in Queenstown, New Zealand
A Purchasing Manager with Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa and DoubleTree by Hilton Queenstown coordinates the movements in the Loading Bay, oversees the transactional activities throughout the entire hotel and manages a team of two within the Purchasing team as part of the Finance Department.
Our unique location offers our guests two hotels from the Hilton brand to choose from and all of our Team Members get to work across both brands.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As a Purchasing Manager you are responsible for the purchase of goods and materials required by the hotel and for ensuring that the highest quality product is purchased at the best possible price. In order to be successful in this role you must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Develop and analyse strategic plan in relation to purchasing, stock control and distribution for the hotel, with a focus on maximising efficiencies and minimising wastage
- Plan and manage stock rotation and distribution with the hotel
- Identify areas for cost savings
- Supplier and contract management, including liasing with suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Train and develop the Purchasing Team
- Maintain the hotel’s green policy by purchase of environmentally sound products and minimisation of wastage where possible
- Ensure that stock levels are maintained at the correct amount for the smooth functionality of the hotel operation
- Ensures that the loading bay area, dry stores, storage chiller and freezers, beverages stores and Non-Food Stores are clean, safe and without any hazards at all times
- Manages the operation of garbage disposal and recycling
- Handle all internal and external couriers and distributing to respective departments
- Conduct bi-annual performance reviews
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
To be successful in this application, you must hold the following skills, experience and behaviours:
- Relevant diploma in Hotel Management, Finance or Accounting
- Previous work experience within in a similar role and a similar environment
- Minimum 3 years working experience in hotel industry in a 5 star hotel environment
- Previous managerial experience in a cultural diverse team
- Understanding of ordering systems, preferably Birchstreet
- Ability to read and deliver reports official documents
- Strong computer skills e.g Microsoft Office
- Ability to work individual and part of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent eye for detail and accuracy
- Flexible team player
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive the following and more:
- Competitive benefits such as daily dry-cleaned uniform and hot meal in our Team Member restaurant
- Member of the Hilton GO program giving you access to discounted room and F&B rates worldwide
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3,500 learning programs
- Participate in ongoing recognition programs
- Leadership training and development and worldwide career opportunities
Job: Procurement and Purchasing
Title: Purchasing Manager
Requisition ID: HOT053PR