lululemon athletica Store Manager in North Island, New Zealand
Title: Store Manager Location: New Zealand-North Island-Hamilton - New Zealand Other Locations: null
Hamilton Pop Up Store Manager (contract)
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy and fun lives. In Australia our first store opened in 2005. We now have over 33 locations across Australia and New Zealand.
As the leader on the store floor, you are responsible for the management and activities of all aspects of store operations. Major areas of responsibility include hiring, developing, managing, motivating and training of staff. Other key areas of focus are driving grass-roots community relationships, fostering a culture of personal responsibility and fun, inventory management, product sell-through, floor management, payroll, cash administration, visual merchandising, sales and budget planning and most importantly, providing an AMAZING guest experience- wow!
a day in the life of a store manager
• You passionately lead, coach and educate on the retail floor an average of 30 hours per week
• You strategically manage all inventory, sell through and pricing decisions
• You develop, plan and execute kick-arse community events
• You proactively recruit to fill your people pipeline; always on the lookout for amazing additions to your team
• You lead, coach and empower your team; understanding and developing your pipeline
• You take a stand as an advocate for lululemon athletica’s values
• You work closely with your leadership team, producing results which smash company goals including being responsible for the store’s P&L and profit/contribution targets
• You represent your store at all required meetings and conferences, under the direction of your regional manager
• You perform and complete other additional projects, duties, and assignments as required by your leadership team
• You have FUN at work, creating from nothing and inspiring your team and community
• You are a stand for work/life balance and lead by example.
• As leader of the store you are fully enrolled and are an advocate for the culture of lululemon athletica and the tools available for personal growth and development. You love these tools and passionately enrol your team in the learning.
• You proactively acquire knowledge/education regarding company general information, store policies and processes, quality control, new garments/styles, guest feedback/experiences, and staff information by consistently reviewing company communication.
our “must haves”
• Have passion, knowledge and involvement in yoga and/or other fitness, health or sports activities. As part of the leadership team, you participate in weekly fitness activities in and out of the store with the store team-Hooray!
• Are excited about the lululemon athletica retail floor, guest experience, product placement and sell through
• LOVE LOVE LOVE guest experience
• Have a strong sense of personal style and athletically minded
• Are an extraordinary leader with demonstrated capabilities
• Are an entrepreneur with the ability to make decisions and take calculated risks
• Can inspire a team – leaders create a future that wouldn’t have existed otherwise
• Take full responsibility and accountability for your life and results – you live a life you love
• Have integrity – you do what you say you will do, when you say you will do it
• Are committed to giving and receiving feedback – you feel there is always more to learn and are open to feedback on your performance
• Are an excellent team player – you are always in the game right along with your team
• Manage projects and delegate by putting people on the right seat of the bus
• Have excellent decision making and problem resolution skills
• Can handle multiple tasks in a changing environment
• Have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Provide extraordinary guest experience
• Have incredible organisation and time management skills
• Two years of exceptional performance and leadership on retail floor preferred
• Completion of some secondary education will be considered an asset
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
store manager’s working day (the hours):
The store manager works a 38 hour work week (5 days) consisting of an average of 30 hours per week on the retail floor developing and training their team. Our store leaders are all full-time employees and are available to open and close, at a minimum, twice per week. Everyone must work one weekend day (Saturday/Sunday)- this is when the magic happens.