Hilton Conference & Events Sales Manager in Christchurch, New Zealand
A Conference & Events Sales Manager serves as the hotel representative to prospective clients and customers who need to rent rooms requiring group accommodations (10-50 guest rooms) and/or meeting space and food and beverage service.
What will I be doing?
As Conference & Events Sales Manager, you will manage group accommodations actively converting customer enquiries into confirmed sales. The Conference & Events Sales Manager will interact frequently with customers and Guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat and expanded business. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maximise all Group, Conference, and Event revenue opportunities
- Review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments' adherence to achieving that strategy
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Organise hotel promotional activities
What are we looking for?
A Conference & Events Sales Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Demonstrated previous experience in a Reservations and/or Conference and Events Sales function in the hotel/leisure sector
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capability and an ability and desire to coach selling techniques to their team
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- Previous experience in the same or similar role
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Convention and Event Services
Title: Conference & Events Sales Manager
Requisition ID: HOT0507E