Hilton Junior Sous Chef (Stacks Pub) in Queenstown, New Zealand
Always wanted to live in the most beautiful part of the world and progress your career? Lucky you!
To start in July 2017, we are looking for a Junior Sous Chef for our sports bar Stacks Pub.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travellers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travellers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brands reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it is with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What are we looking for?
A Junior Sous Chef is part of our Kitchen team. You are responsible for the dining experience of guests in Stacks Pub. We look for the following skillset:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the kitchen
- Strong Chef de Partie or Junior Sous Chef experience
- Advanced in the English language
- Out of the box thinker
- Positive can-do attitude
- Excellent planning and organising skills
What will I be doing?
As a Junior Sous Chef, you will be leading the kitchen team of Stacks Pub. You report directly to the Executive (Sous) Chef. You are the creative and operative brain behind the dining experience of our guests. In order to do so, you will complete the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to menu creation
- Manage and train the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organised and motivated team
- Ensure consistency in quality of dishes at all times
- Manage customer relations when necessary, in the absence of the Executive Sous Chef
- Ensure resources meet business needs through the effective management of working rotas
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to F&B revenue
If you are passionate about, and understand the importance of upholding a brands reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience, every hotel, every guest, every time.
As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive the following and more;
- Team Member of the Hilton Go program with discounted staff rates all over the world and discounts on F&B items.
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3000 learning programs
- Worldwide career development opportunities
- Competitive benefits such as Dry-cleaned uniform and hot meal in our Team Member restaurant
- Ongoing recognition e.g Thank a Latte vouchers, $10-$150 recognition vouchers, departmental outings, social activities and annual team party
Job: Food and Beverage
Title: Junior Sous Chef (Stacks Pub)
Requisition ID: HOT048HW