Microsoft Corporation Program Manager in Auckland, New Zealand
What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
The Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) enables high-impact organizations and developer communities to achieve more and drive the value of our intelligent cloud and edge. How do we do it? We are an industry-leading software engineering team who codes with partners and customers every day. We accelerate platform adoption and serve as trusted technical experts by coding side by side with other dev teams.
We are hiring a Program Manager with experience in the software development cycle, and in managing and delivering large cross-functional programs using modern software engineering practices. Experience in cloud technologies to deliver the most leading-edge applications and solutions in partnership with high-impact customers, partners, startups and developer communities is required.
The Impact You’ll Be Making
In this role, you would be responsible for:
• Leading the end-to-end planning, execution and reporting of main Platform Evangelism engines to drive platform adoption.
• Demonstrating technical subject matter expertise to scope projects, architect design solutions, and resolve issues.
• Delivering ongoing market and competitive insights in collaboration with Microsoft business groups and Evangelism teams, using them to define a product/service vision and to optimize programs lifecycle for regional context.
• Partnering with Software Engineering team to identify and deliver highly visible and scalable early platform/technology adoption opportunities with communities, customers and partners.
• Driving excitement, adoption, and satisfaction about the product/service by ensuring that Microsoft stakeholders and partners are well-prepared with the appropriate information, collateral, and message.
• Effectively communicating business strategy and goals and how they align to the team’s work. Develop the overall internal and external partner strategy to ensure the appropriate messaging, readiness, resourcing, and support structure.
• Building the awareness, engagement and insights via deep relationships with main influencers in the region: Startup, Community, Academic and other key Developers.
Who We Are Looking For
• Proven record on Program, Product, or Business Management in the technology industry.
• Deep understanding of Cloud, Mobile and other computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends across Microsoft and non-Microsoft technologies.
• Demonstrates subject matter expertise in Developer ecosystem insights and key stakeholders.
• Demonstrated track-record of involvement in developer communities (MS and non-MS).
• Strong business acumen to partner with other key leaders across Microsoft Sales and MArketing teams to deliver on our platform priorities.
• Proven record of building technical and business relationships with senior business stakeholders.
• Strong knowledge of application development practices and a track record of working closely with large development team.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the technology market.
• Exceptional decision-making skills, conflict resolution, community building, and follow through. Results driven; strong analytical skills with exceptional verbal and written communication.
• BS, BA, or MS Computer Science Degree / Masters in Computer Science preferred.
• Minimum 25% travel, incl. International travel.
Program management (engineering)