VMware Business Development Manager, Cloud Provider in Auckland, New Zealand
Cloud Provider Business Development Manager
This role is responsible for the management and execution of the Service Provider program within the assigned territory in NZ and/or named account list. The Service Provider BDM will operationalise VMware cloud related Software and Services into Service Provider accounts and provide the prescriptive guidance to Service Providers to enable them to go to market with VMware cloud software by leveraging VMware resources from the local and global SP program team, Cloud Solution Architects, Field Sales Teams and Marketing resources. In addition, the VCPP BDM is also required to proactively drive the hybrid cloud service development process to accelerate product adoption and grow revenues. These processes consist of program management, partner enablement, contract set-up, services provisioning and reporting. The VCPP BDM is expected to develop and leverage effective relationships at all levels within Service Providers including and across Product Management, Operations and Leadership Teams.
• Achievement of quarterly quota in assigned territory
• Drive adoption of VMware Cloud software and services in alignment with VMware’s vision and strategy
• Execution of Business Development and Program management plans
• Leverage VMware BU resources to accelerate the business
• Responsible for all assigned focus product growth goals.
• Develop and maintain effective CXO relationships in service provider organisations
• Leverage VMware Partner ecosystem to grow and accelerate the business.
• Work with and leverage VMware 'Aggregators' to ensure accurate and on-time VMware software and Service Usage reporting
• 10+ years Experience in strategic sales/partner management at large cloud automation vendors and/or Outsourcers/Integrators
• Proven experience selling subscription software and services to and through Managed Services Providers, Cloud Providers, and Outsourcers/Integrators
• Proven ability to programmatically plan and execute go to market for cloud services including business cases around strategic partnerships.
• Knowledge of Cloud Computing and key elements of virtualized infrastructure, Infrastructure-as-a-Service(IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service(PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service(SaaS) models.
• Expertise in development and execution of solutions and value selling
• Strong business operations and negotiation abilities
• Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
• Well organized and effective in the development and execution of business development plans
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.